Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hack on Drizzle Full-Time for Rackspace!

Given the current state of the economy, here's a quick job plug for
anyone interested and qualified.



At the Drizzle Developer Day on Friday, I got to meet Adrian Otto
from Rackspace. Rackspace has
a cloud offering (think Aamazon EC2) that's called href="http://www.mosso.com/">Mosso and is willing to employ full
time developers who spend all their time working on href="https://launchpad.net/drizzle">Drizzle.



Here's what he sent to the mailing list.



I was speaking with Eric Day at the developer conference,
and I mentioned that Rackspace is wiling to employ full time
developers for the specific purpose of furthering the Drizzle
project's mission. He suggested that I email you on this list becuase
he expected there would be interest in this offer. If you work on the
project now part time, and want to make it a full time job working
exclusively on the Drizzle project, let me know. The Rackspcae Cloud
believes in open source, and we want to do our part to make Drizzle a
wild success.


Talking with him a bit, the rationale is simple: Rackspace wants to
offer the best cloud resources they can. Part of that means having
infrastructure that their customers need and works well. They're
betting the Drizzle is part of their future, and hiring a few people
to work on it makes that future a reality sooner than later.



It looks like Mark Callaghan (Google) href="http://mysqlha.blogspot.com/2009/04/hack-on-drizzle-get-paid.html">likes
the idea too, as does Don MacAskill (SmugMug).



Anyway, ping me if you're interested and I'll put you in touch.

(comments)



Read More...

[Source: Jeremy Zawodny's blog - Posted by FreeAutoBlogger]

No comments:

Post a Comment